August 17, 2011

Monster Cookies

My friend Renee gave me the recipe for these--they're SUPER delish and pretty healthy for a cookie!


Monster Cookies

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup natural peanut butter  (I used natural creamy pb)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips  (make sure you use the mini ones, so you get a little chocolate with each bite!)
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine butter and peanut butter in a mixer. Beat until smooth. Add brown sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.

Add oats, flax, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and raisins. Mix well.

Drop spoonfuls of dough (I used 1.5 Tbsp each) 2" apart on cookie sheet. Bake 11 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden (I did 10 minutes). Let cool a few minutes on a baking sheet before removing to rack.

Makes 30 cookies.

8 comments:

  1. Do you know about how many calories per cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added the nutrition info. Sorry about that--I'm working on getting the nutrition info in for all the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and how many cookies is the serving size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Germerican Ang, You can eat as many as you'd like ;) I usually eat two. But the nutrition info is for one cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these cookies tonight....my whole family is dying over these. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if you will notice this comment on an older blog entry....have you ever tried this using the PB2? I just found a jar at our local wal-mart and am trying to decide what all I want to make with it.

    Thank you,

    Ellen Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it with PB2, so I can't really say. But let me know if you try it and works out!

      Delete
  7. I notice you don't at the sugar to your nutritional info I need this in order to count it for WW points plus.

    ReplyDelete