August 17, 2011

Oat Frittata (Oat Patties)

Maybe frittata is the wrong word for this, because there is so little egg in it... but it's a super fast, easy breakfast that is very healthy and tastes VERY good! I'm totally addicted to oats--I could seriously eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I like to get creative with how I prepare it and what I mix in. But this "recipe" (I put recipe in quotes because of how simple it is!)  is unlike any other oat creation I've tried... and it's a favorite of mine now.

 

Just 3 little ingredients and 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave turn into a chewy patty similar to the texture of a chewy granola bar. It takes a long time to eat, too, because of it's texture.  Anyway...

Oat Frittata with honey and bananas

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 egg white, lightly beaten (I bought a carton of the pure egg whites, and I use 1.5 tablespoons of that)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. honey
1 small banana, sliced

Combine the oats, cinnamon, and egg white in a small bowl (sprayed with cooking spray!)  Using a spoon, press the mixture to the bottom of the bowl.  Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a crack to vent.  Microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes.  The whole thing should come out of the bowl in one piece, in a perfect circle. Top with 2 tsp. honey and sliced banana. Eat with your fingers! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Just tried this one. Good with vanilla yogurt. Definitely need the full 2 tsp. of honey even though I thought I'd be happy with 1.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...