August 17, 2011

Protein Shakes/Smoothie Recipes

I NEVER would have thought that I would have jumped on the protein shake bandwagon, but breaking my jaw opened a huge new world of breakfast and even lunch possibilities. I've come to love these shakes so much that I just don't want to give them up!  I buy the EAS 100% whey protein powder from Sam's Club (It's $27 for 76 servings).  They have chocolate and vanilla, and I bought both.  I also use almond milk in my recipes--it's only 40 calories per cup, and it makes the shake taste so much better than with just water. I buy the Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  And tons of frozen fruit (unsweetened)--cherries, blueberries, mixed fruit. I also freeze my bananas when they are ripe. I peel them, cut them into four chunks each and put them in a ziploc bag in the freezer.

If you really don't want to buy protein powder, you could probably substitute with Carnation Instant Breakfast.

Also, if you find yourself liking these as much as I do, you may want to invest in a good blender. I just spent $80 on a good blender that was WELL WORTH IT.


I'm sorry, but the protein shakes recipes have been moved to my everyday blog, Runs for Cookies. Here is a direct link to the protein shakes recipes.


10 comments:

  1. Holy shit these are good!!! Thank you for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not your average protein shake, right? ;) Glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. Hey Katie You are such a strong inspiration in my Life,whenever I start to loose the motivation to work out I watch your video of your weighloss journey and you keep me motivated. I wanted to ask you something about the protein shakes,When is it fine to introduce pretein shakes when your trying to loose weight? I drink a smoothie pretty much everyday as a meal usually before i workout but I just wasnt sure if its a bad idea to introduce protein when you have weight to loose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protein is great for repairing muscles after workouts, so adding it to your smoothie is a great idea! I think that if anything, it would be beneficial to your weight loss.

      Delete
  3. i love these protein shakes!! is there a way you can make it so we can pin them to our pinterest?! that would be amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm not sure how to do that! But I will look into it :) Glad you like them!

      Delete
  4. I went to another get together tonight where I was, yet again, the biggest woman at the table, possibly in the whole room! I was, in fact, larger than most of the men..again, too! So glad I found your blog...going to get straight and ready...and take it off!! Thanks for the inspiration and yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using your smoothies recipes now for several weeks and I love them. I was wondering if you ever had a recipe for cookies 'n cream, cookie dough, or pumpkin smoothies. I would be beyond thrilled if you did have some more recipes up your sleeve. What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what blender you use? I bought what I thought was a good one and then I tried to blend ice in it and it smelled like it was about to catch fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an Oster blender--the exact model is here on my "favorite things" page: http://www.runsforcookies.com/p/favorite-things.html

      I love it! I've had it for two years, and it's still going strong, even with the ice.

      Delete