August 17, 2011

Cookie Dough Hummus

I made this awesome recipe on Sunday, and again today. I'm SHOCKED at how good it is!!  It's hummus that really does taste (and look) like cookie dough. I ate it with pretzels, which was awesome, and then for dessert today I had it with a chocolate Vitatop. Heavenly!



I made it as follows:
1 can of chick peas, drained AND peeled (takes a little time, but worth it!)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
6 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor until very smooth. Then fold in the chocolate chips.  (Makes 8 servings. Per serving:  139 calories, 5 grams fat, 3 grams fiber, 20 grams carbs, 4 grams protein)

5 comments:

  1. Shut the front door!!! Trying this today. Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this and it was delicious! The chick peas took a long time, but like it says...definitely worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tried this tonight and it's quite good :) I don't like maple syrup so I used dark molasses (UN-sulfured) and used some cashew butter I had on hand and though it's a bit thinner consistency than pictured it tastes great! It's Very rich, a little goes a long way. Now I just need some pretzels....lol

    Thank you for the recipe Katie.

    Sincerely,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete