October 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

I decided to post this recipe just in case any of you are falling short on sugar in your diets. I want to make it clear that this recipe is in no way HEALTHY by any stretch of the word. However, when I mentioned them on Runs for Cookies, so many of you asked for the recipe, I just decided to post it. It's your heart attack, not mine, so here you go! ;)  They are totally worth the calories and fat, I promise!

This recipe is from the Taste of Home Winning Recipes book.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into 24 pieces, and flatten each piece into a 3-inch circle.

In a bowl, blend confectioners' sugar with remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter until smooth. Roll into 24 balls, 1 inch each. Place one peanut butter ball on each circle; bring edges over to completely cover it (Dough may crack; reshape cookies as needed). Place cookies with seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar (I just flattened them with my hands and skipped the sugar--not that it matters!)

Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Makes 2 dozen.

Calories per serving:  Calories? What calories?

4 comments:

  1. WHERE did you find this recipe??? There may be others out there I'm willing to test!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband is going to LOVE this! Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what IS THE CAL COUNT LOL?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! "Calories, what calories?" I'm totally making this and adding chocolate chips into the peanut butter part I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...