October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Cranberry Apple Baked Oatmeal

This baked oatmeal combines all the best flavors of Fall! Pumpkin, cranberries, apples, and cinnamon--a delicious combination!  Original recipe can be found here. I just made a few modifications, which I've typed below.


Pumpkin Cranberry Apple Baked Oatmeal

2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
3 Tbsp. egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup chopped pecans (or other nuts), divided

Preheat oven to 375. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, egg whites, pumpkin, almond milk, and vanilla. Add the oats, wheat germ, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder, and mix well. Fold in the Craisins, apples, and half of the nuts. Pour into prepared baking dish and top with the rest of the pecans. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. Let it cool for about 10 minutes before cutting. It will be soft-set (not firm like oatmeal bars). Cut into 6 pieces. Top with warm milk and brown sugar.



7 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing!! I will try it! Oh, and I see your cauliflower recipe as a suggestion. I JUST bought a head ($1.29! cheap!) and will be making it AGAIN tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously this is going to make my mornings so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks amazing! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just made this for breakfast. It is so delicious and addicting. I love Fall yumminess!!
    Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this today and it was so good! I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog and I'm excited to look through it. It reminds me a lot of chocolatecoveredkatie.com. If you haven't heard of it yet, you should definitely check it out! She's in love with oatmeal recipes like this. :)

    ReplyDelete