September 9, 2012

Vanilla Pumpkin Protein Shake

This recipe has since been migrated to my everyday blog, Runs for Cookies. Click Here to be taken directly to the recipe!

This shake turned out so yummy it actually deserves its own post ;)  One of my readers requested that I create a pumpkin protein shake. I've tried a few recipes that I found online, but wasn't crazy about any of them. A lot of the shake recipes use bananas to sweeten, and I just wasn't crazy about the combo of pumpkin and banana. I used Torani Pumpkin Pie flavored syrup in this--if you really can't find it and/or don't want to buy it online, you could probably just use some sort of sweetener (1 Tbsp. of maple syrup would probably be good!) and extra pumpkin pie spice.


Anyway, this shake makes me super excited for my favorite time of year--fall!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!
    I'm starting the Weight Watchers PointsPlus program. I get your blogs emailed to me and read them faithfully every day :)
    I'm currently at 165ish and hoping to get down to 135 by February 15th. I'm weighing in for a fitness challenge team this Friday and that's our timeline.
    Some of your recipes sound so good since you've started weight watchers. Can you list some of them?
    Please ignore my Google Name. It's a family nickname that I'm trying to accept. It's very difficult though lol.
    Thanks!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jenn! So glad that you enjoy my blog :) I think almost all of the things I eat are already on here, but if there is something in particular that you're thinking of, I'd be happy to share the recipe. Just let me know!

      Delete
  2. If you use 6 oz unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbs of maple syrup, and 1/4 tsp of xanthan the nutrition profile is:

    211 calories, 3g fat, 20g carbs, 4g fiber, 27g protein.

    ReplyDelete