May 10, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pizza

My family eats pizza for dinner every Friday, and I found myself short on the usual ingredients. I had to throw something together really quickly, and I made this BBQ Chicken Pizza on the fly. It turned out really good!


BBQ Chicken Pizza

Crust:
2 cups of Heart Smart Bisquick
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup very hot water

Toppings:
1/4 cup barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
6 oz. cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
2 oz. shredded 2% cheddar cheese
thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup Hormel crumbled bacon

To make the crust, just combine the Bisquick, sour cream, and water. It will look dry, but if you use your hands to knead it, it will come together. Roll it out onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Spread the sauce evenly over the crust. Top with chicken, cheese, onions, and bacon. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, until crust is light brown and cheese is melted.

I didn't calculate the nutrition info, but I put it into the Recipe Builder on the Weight Watchers site, and it has 5 PointsPlus per slice (if you get 8 slices from the pie).

4 comments:

  1. this looks delicious- can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks delicious! I like this idea for my leftovers :) I will have to try this using the gluten free Bisquick. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looked so good that I went out and purchased the ingredients to make for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used Bisquick to make pizza crust. Am going to try this ASAP. BBQ chicken pizza is one of my favorite things!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete