August 17, 2011

Lasagna Soup

This soup is pretty simple, but for some reason, it tastes so complicated and GOOD. I love to serve this with warm garlic bread on a cold day.

 Lasagna Soup

1 lb. 90/10 ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
4 cups beef broth
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
4 oz. uncooked pasta (I usually use rotini)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

In a soup pot over medium-high heat, cook onions and garlic (using cooking spray) for a few minutes. Add the beef, and cook until beef is browned and onion is soft. Drain, and add parsley, broth, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is done, about 12 minutes. Serve with 1 Tbsp. parmesan per bowl.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    Today I made your lasagna soup. I sampled a small bowl and it was great - especially with the parmesan cheese. I put extra pasta in because I am a carb girl. :) I left it on the stove for a few hours, to sit until dinner time. When I took off the lid again, it had morphed into goulash! I think I was a little over enthusiastic with adding pasta to the dish, rather than sticking to 4 oz. The pasta soaked up all the liquid! LOL. So my family had goulash for dinner. We still enjoyed it. :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night. It was delish :) Thanks for the new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good! I figured out that spaghetti with meat sauce is almost a binge food for me, I just cannot stop eating it. This is great because it tastes just as good and you get so much for much fewer calories. I thought the recipe looked a little stingy on the pasta but I trusted you and it was perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete